Dixie's entry into the carpet industry actually began in 1951 when it acquired Dalton Candlewick Inc., in Dalton, Georgia. Candlewick was a specialty yarn maker for the carpet industry. In the early nineties the company began its strategy to become a major player in the carpet industry.
- Dixie Mercerizing Established
- Acquired Candlewick Yarns
- Purchased Carriage Industries which included Bretlin Needlebond
- Completed the purchase of Masland Carpets
- Patrick Carpet Mills is integrated into Masland residential
- Acquired Danube Carpet Mills integrating it into Carriage Carpets
- General Felt Industries was purchased and merged into Bretlin
- Ideal Fibers begins the company's investment into yarn extrusion
- Sold remaining traditional textile operations, to begin first year operating solely as a floorcovering company.
- Globaltex becomes part of Bretlin
- Acquired Fabrica International
- Sold North Georgia carpet operations and yarn extrusion to focus on our core competence in the upper-end of the carpet market and our brands.
- Dixie Home brand was established.
- Aquired Colormaster and Crown Rugs and merged into Masland Residential.
- Aquired Robertex and merged Carousel into Fabrica.
- Created Avant products for Masland Contract.